Monday, March 31, 2008

Inform New Home Buyers

I have setup this blog to hopefully inform prospective home buyers to beware of this office, Coldwell Banker United Lakeway. This office is near Austin, Texas.

I was under the impression that Realtors had a code of ethics and standards to practice during a real estate transaction. I also had the same impression on Broker Duties that they should follow during the transaction. Here I am wrong. Not all brokers follow these duties and ethics.

I will be posting my troubles with this Coldwell Banker office. This will take some time because it has taken me almost two years of legal problems that has cost me to date $70,000 plus. It appears I will lose (have already lost) my legal case and may be in financial problems because of this. I will also hopefully inform home buyers of what I have learned about the TREC contract,(Texas Real Estate Commision), that has helped the realtor win the case.

To start with I want buyers in Texas to be informed of the following Paragraph 7.D - ACCEPTANCE OF PROPERTY CONDITION: Buyer accepts the Property in its present condition; provided Seller, at Seller's expense, shall complete the following specific repairs and treatments:

The pharse - "in its present condition" is implied by the Texas courts to be "AS IS" at the time a contract is ratified. Meaning when both parties have signed the contract. If anything happens to the house after this date and all inspections are completed, the seller and broker 'DO NOT' have to disclose problems that occur with the property. This was all new to me.

In my next post I will lay out what has happened on this property.

No comments: